Some clients arrive at a psychotherapists door wanting to be ‘fixed’ and given ‘tools for the toolbox’ whilst others want to be seen, heard and celebrated. This workshop has two aims.
1. Comparing and contrasting Orange and Green approaches to psychotherapy, examining
- The contrasting methodology of cognitive vs relational approaches to therapy
- The ‘Orange’ vs ‘Green’ client•The ‘Orange’ vs ‘Green’ psychotherapist
- The ‘Orange’ vs ‘Green’ coach.
2. Discussing how a quality Integral Psychotherapy can successfully reconcile these approaches.
Each first-tier developmental altitude tends to experience a value-driven conflict with each of the others; this gives rise to rifts in the field of psychotherapy. As a Certified Integral Psychotherapist working and living from a second-tier centre of gravity, I embrace both Orange and Green therapeutic approaches and will explain my development-based Integral Psychotherapeutic method which transcends and includes them.
This workshop is open to all interested parties (and you will get more out of these 90 minutes if you have a basic understanding of the terms ‘Orange’, ‘Green’ and ‘Second-Tier here), all genders, all credos. I will use a slide-driven presentation and use anecdotes culled from 25 years as a psychotherapist, after which I will hold space for a discussion on the emerging nature and methodology of a quality Integral Psychotherapy.